Friday, May 4, 2007

one sentence

Outside I found myself because the day was
so perfect but what I wanted to do was
out of the question since I no longer drive
and besides I don't even have a car anymore,
but my choices of things to do while I was out
on such a beautiful morning were unlimited,
making me turn to something beside drivingn
somewhere, spending money on something
I really didn't need, or even or something I did
need but not just now and spending money
nonetheless and in addition wasting good time
that could be spent on other things like
getting the gardens raked up and the soil
there readied for planting so that the yard
would look beautiful the way it used to look
when Tommy and Lily brought the plants
now in the greenhouse after having been
earlier brought up from the cellar where they
had been sleeping all winter and now about
ready for the gardens which are close to the
patio and house and which my mother enjoyed
and which never seemed to be without a
variety of color, adding to the morning glories,
the climatis, and the colorful blossoms of our
Japanese Cherry tree and Dogwoods, and the
green lawn which Tommy and later Carl kept
mowed and nourished, or if I chose, I could still
get out and wield it against those small trunks
of the unseemly bushes have died but where the
roots are still deep in the ground and beyond my
feeble strength and where they make an unseemly
border between my yard and that of my close
neighbor and cousin who has never complained
being the nice person she is -- or if I feel so
inclined, I could always sweep out the "bungalow"
or with the large broom, give the garage a good
sweeping.