Wednesday, May 9, 2007

achoo!

To all of you who haven't heard from me lately, achoo!

The weather here has been beautiful with cool evenings and a lot of breezes from the marsh. And the marsh is turbulent like an ocean, achoo!

Margaret is here from Kissimmee, Florida for a few days.

Today we went to the aquarium, achoo! We saw an octopus which I had never seen before except in a picture. It was a young octopus. It was fascinating. Then we saw eels and snakes and a beautiful little frog. We couldn't make him out at first until we discovered his eyes and then we found his whole body. Achoo! What we really enjoyed were the otters. A man was out there feeding them and several of them came out and did a few acrobats and dived into the water. They were fascinating to watch, came right up close to the glass. A couple of little boys had their faces at the glass and they pulled them back suddenly when the otter came kissing them. One of the attendants, an elderly man, brought a baby alligator over, holding him by the throat, told us about the alligator's hollow teeth that had other teeth inside of them. When an alligator loses a tooth, he uses the other one -- it grows down. He has no taste buds but when he sees people coming toward him, people who probably have fed him, he would think that the people were the food. That's why people got eaten. He let me feel the scales on the alligator. Achoo!

I took a little Aricept to help my memory and I don't take it any more after the first pill because I think I'm allergic to it.

Margaret, Carol, and Mike say hello to all. Love, Mary