Wednesday, May 16, 2007

my week

I like SUNDAY. Nobody has to go anywhere. Oh yes, I do have to go to Mass and Mike or Carol have to drive me there (have to! what a harsh, commanding term that is) --they don't think I should get a bicycle). But the rest of the day: Oh, I can do anything I want to. Have I written today? Read? Or maybe I should get on with my photo albums. Today, though, is a day of rest.

MONDAY comes and goes. Now, after breakfast, we hope to start our mornng walk -- should be a nice, cool breeze. If I don't get a sweater, my arms will freeze. Those arms! The only part of me that feels cold with a summer breeze. But that's all right, let's get on our way and listen to the birds along the way, even though I can't look up into the trees, without losing my footing.

When TUESDAY comes along, we have another plan after breakfast. I am not sure what it is so I'll just write until I find out. Easy enough. Just grab my socks, my glasses and my hat and we're off -- oh, oh, the water? Now it's suppertime already and I have to look out at the Marsh. No big birds -- the water is too high now. Maybe tomorrow.

Tomorrow already -- WEDNESDAY. This is the "hump" day I think they call it. After today, we're headed for the wonderful weekend. So what am I going to do today. I will, of course, write, even type my writing -- now, that will use up a good part of the day. It's nice and I think the porch will be a nice place to read. And it is -- but llisten: just like an orchestra practicing for an evening symphony. The oboe strings, now the shuffling of chairs, the drum feathers, symbles, now "C, C, C, C" the instructor calls out, and someone's finger touched D with A flat and it reverberated. And what has happened? Seems, the violinist is upset and the girl at the harp not sure.

THURSDAY came up fast. Breakfast, oh, bacon! Write, let's sit on the porch today and read. First, the walk. Then a shower. Oh, this room. I must clean it up a bit -- what to do with, what? My photos. Will take all the people out of my albums, away from scenery, and put them in a separate album... oh, oh, it's suppertime already. But.

It's already FRIDAY? will definitely sit on the porch today and read. After breakfast. And here I am, settled here with a book, and .. can't get away from the birds. Look, there's that beautiful little wren, singing just to me. I move closer and she doesn't fly away but sings, sings, CHE CHE CHE

SATURDAY is a nice day -- everybody liked to work outside on this day, and fix whatever needs fixing, water the lawn, plant the bush, and away we go -- the day is over before we know it. Oh, no interest in albums, writing, reading -- just look at that marsh -- no, it's more like a large lake. My eyes are getting tired. Oh well.