Saturday, June 9, 2007

the marsh

The marsh looks very plush this morning. Thick, healthy. Guess it liked the rain we had, or maybe it is that way because of the high tide that came in awhile back and turned the marsh into an ocean or at least that is what it looked like out our window. At breakfast Carol spotted a dolphin catching fish, bringing his catch up onto the bank, and I ran to the living room for the binoculars. See him? Yes, I saw him splashing around looking for more fish and it was quite a sight. But he decided breakfast was over, I guess, because he headed on back to the ocean, until he was out of our sight. Carol saw a couple of dolphins in the channel close to the house, but I haven't. One could stand and look out over the marsh for hours and watch the pelicans dive for fish, or the heron or Ibis, or egret. But as I get to know something about these birds and fish, their habits, etc. the timing will be a lot better and I won't be looking at a quiet Marsh, which is itself interesting and beautiful, but will catch its wild life and all the shenanagans that go on there.