Friday, June 8, 2007

Family

Working on my family tree is never-ending,
as I pick up photos here and there, I start to wonder was I there
then -- too many things going on at once; too many people
A lot of bending. Confusion and whatever transpired, I am left
with a happy feeling of being with each and every one
of my brothers and sisters. Some of those special moments
pop into my head now and then, but it's my very scrambled memory
that keeps changing the scene. Interruptions, there when
the memory brings forth one moment clear but brief,
and there must be a lot more I've not remembered -- good grief!
Who's keeping score?Frustrating, like not being able
to finish a book when you can't find it again
or somebody took it, so make your own ending
and as I write, and look out the window,
a heron in sight, Carol leaves not only the breakfast table
but even the kitchen, Mike too, not in sight

It's got to be Friday -- Oh, I'll see them about
when I learn what I'm doing
or who's going out.