Saturday, April 28, 2007

morning mind

Don't know what I was thinking last night, but something was on my mind when I awoke this morning and it's still with me -- Mind, speak to me! I am at a standstill. Blank! Nothing? No, I don't believe that I just wrote. The mind (even mine) can never be nothing, can it? If that is the situation here, then -- I am lost! Come on, brain, give me a clue -- what were you saying? Something about crossing the ice and walking in the woods on Thanksgiving morning, a very long walk with my brothers, while my sisters always had to stay behind in the kitchen, helping my mother prepare for Thanksgiving dinner. I have a feeling the boys took me and Richard and Ernie with them to get us out of the way in the kitchen. I suspect that is why my sisters all learned to cook, and why I didn't.