Saturday, April 7, 2007

Family Tree

Finally, my photo albums are here
boxes and boxes, albums, loose
photos, envelopes of photos and
my bedroom here is beginning
to look like my whole house in
Medway.

But I'm in South Carolina now
and a whole new me -- complete
with haircut and all, and trying
to write every day
A poem, at least that's what
Carol calls them

small containers of old undated
photos, interesting but unrecognized
Perhaps at one point in my
shuffling, the names and dates
will be revealed by association.
but having been schooled
in rhyme. Well, old habits
you know, we'll see

Back to photos and family tree
someone's got to do it
and it may as well be me
why not, since I am the last
of 14. I plan to get right to it
l have already printed out
births and deaths but that is
not enough
get busy, Mary, you'll get through it
You have all the stuff.